Program Book Editor Intern
Silk Screen Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10day festival of Asian and Asian American films with over 20 screenings in
NOTE: Interns are expected to be available throughout the entire festival May 10-19, 2013. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely.
Program Book (writing/editing/data retrieval) This candidate will work directly with the program book manager during the writing, editing, layout and proofreading of all Silk Screen programs.
- Research information and write film/ music/ dance synopses
- Collect media (pictures, movie stills, CDs, DVDs, press kits in various mediums) for movies, performers, directors, actors
- Track format of media as received, able to use
- Verifies film lengths, country and year of films' origins, and contact info for screeners and putting them into master spreadsheet form
- Organizes film reviews, certain program pages, and ads in file format, which eventually will go on disc.
- Composes and sends out emails (with approval first) to Film Companies, Reporters, Essay Writers, etc.
- Share pictures, movies stills with media (Tv, Radio, Newspaper) as appropriate
- Track release of pictures, stills etc with technology team
- Proofread all articles, synopses, ads for event programs -tracking changes
- Assist with layout of program
- Meet with program book manager, festival director with updates and details
- Keep all Silk Screen people in the loop, but not include Silk Screen folks in every single email that goes out IE Guidance on the proper audiences of certain emails
- Must be self-starter. Must be familiar with Excel. Must be efficient in work style. Must be VERY comfortable with a ton of email communication
- General office support for all needs related to writing, creating and layout of programs for Silk Screen events
Hours: Silk Screen Office – between 8-12 hours a week starting in Spring 2013
** The candidate will be expected to assist with all other office/ administrative tasks including : administrative tasks, database management, flyer/ poster distribution, general marketing and publicity of the festival, sharing the good word of Silk Screen to all!