The Silk Screen Ambassadors Program is an Outreach initiative whose purpose is to increase awareness and support of Silk Screen’s cultural programming.
The Ambassadors Committee contacts community leaders in various Pittsburgh neighborhoods and in towns outside Pittsburgh (Asian and Non-Asian). These are people who are sympathetic to the cause of promoting cross-cultural awareness.
Each Ambassador should do some or all of the following:
1. Keep our efforts on his/her radar.
2. Urge his/her friends, company and circle of influence to be sponsors of Silk Screen.
3. Send emails (or snail mail) or make phone calls to the circle of influence to attend the festival, the gala and other cultural events organized by the festival.
4. Consider hosting a private dinner or reception at his/her residence before the film festival, asking each guest to make a donation (we give film festival tickets in return) or buy Gala or Film tickets. Someone from Silk Screen will attend this gathering and make a brief presentation.
5. Make a personal donation to the festival.
If you would like to be an ambassador, please email us.