Music Director Assistant
Silk Screen, Asian Arts organization is a 501c3 non-profit whose mission is to promote cross-cultural education of the Asian Arts through entertainment: film, music and dance performances.
Music Project Assistant:
Music Project This person will work directly with Music Project Director on all aspects of operation for Silk Screen music project and other events.
- Report to Silk Screen office for all duties and required meetings
- Arrange project tasks with music director for all Silk Screen music rehearsals, recording sessions and events
- Coordinate musician shifts for rehearsal, recording and reviews as needed
- Meet with music director, operations director and musicians as needed
- Keep up to date notes on the project with attention to all details
- Attend all music recording, rehearsal and review sessions as appropriate
- Distribution of all music event materials to partner locations, libraries, schools, universities, restaurants, theaters as needed
- Post music event announcements to community, school, college and arts based website/ e-blasts etc
- Attend Silk Screen outreach events as ambassador to the organization
- General office support for all necessary forms, folders, event/ theater supplies to support all key teams (technology, volunteer, programming, gala, marketing)
Hours: in Silk Screen Office, 10-16 hours a week starting in Fall 2012
The main event of Silk Screen is a 10-day festival of Asian and Asian American films with over 20 screenings in Pittsburgh. The next festival will be Friday May 10-Sunday May 19, 2013. Silk Screen also produces year- round programming at partner locations in the areas of music, dance and cultural events. Your involvement with the team will give you the opportunity to create one of the most colorful, dynamic events in Pittsburgh!
NOTE: Interns are expected to be available throughout the entire festival each May. Heavy concentration of duties will be April and May with some weekend time and evening hours likely.